Thursday, November 6, 2008

Cheese -- Revisited

I am going to make cheese again and try acouple of other things that would make it easier for those without the junque I have stashed in my not-so-gourmet kitchen.

Please don't be intimated by what looks hard, it really isn't!

I will also be doing more with powdered milk and post it in the next week or so. I have gotten caught up in my life and it will be easier to keep it up.

2 comments:

Jeff and Elise said...

I just realized you have this blog as well... this is great and I look forward to keeping up with it!

Anonymous said...

Alton Brown makes some delicious English muffins using powdered milk. They use a lot of milk--and you really need to triple the recipe to have enough for breakfast and a snack that same day--but they are good.

Another thing that's important is to to have evaporated milk as well.

Evaporated milk has cream, and when you want something creamy, powdered skim milk isn't always the best source. Sometimes, I mix both (in milk gravy for biscuits, for instance) so that it tastes like fresh milk, not canned, and not like powdered, either.

We've been living primarily on our food storage for two years now. Powdered milk is an important part of your storage!