Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Year = New Beginnings

What are you doing to plan for your family's well being? For what it is worth, these would be my suggestions ( yes I am following them!) :

  • Review the church pamplet, it contains our prophet's counsel.
  • Put together a plan of action as a family, especially if your members are old enough to have an opinion!
  • Look at your home, land, yard, patio to find ways that you can start your own food production.
  • ----Make it a family project.
  • ----Find local information through your county sources, etc. to get a jump on what will grow best for you.
  • ----Look into ways to preserve what you can produce.

I will be building above ground grow boxes, upside down gardening, (yes, that is what I said) and any other ideas I can find to share with others.

I hope all of my readers will also share their ideas. I know you are out there, please don't be shy! Include your general location so that we know who can use your ideas according to altitude, climate, situation (yard, patio etc.)

Now is the time to getting your starts ready for your Spring and Summer gardening if you live in central or southern AZ. This will give you more control in what you plant and what kind of condition they are in for transplanting. Of course it can save $$$ as well!

If you are in this area, check out "The Garden Guy". I have found a wealth of information for the problems found in AZ. Not just the heat makes it hard. There is the DRY air, caliche soil, alkalinity, lack of water, it goes on & on.

No comments: